Friday, November 17, 2006

My Dreams List or a Shameless Ploy to Coerce M. and C. to Get Me the Food I Miss from Philippines

M. (my sister) and C. (her husband) are heading to the P.I. for a vacation. So I had the phenomenal, larger-than-life-task of listing the things they need to buy up there and bring back to Ho Chi Minh .

It was a long list, to say the least. It includes books (please sell Arundhati Roy books in Vietnam!), CD's (sample, a belly dancing instructional video), DVD's (not pirated!), office clothes for M. (difficult to buy here since we're not as small as Vietnamese women),even Mac makeup (make up in HCM are mostly European brands, there are some American brands but still no Mac, I think) and a lot more.

To make the list longer, of course, I added MY DREAMS part. It's a list on its own. It's independent. It has its own life. It breaths, sighs, weeps, begs... I'm posting it on my blog because a list on a paper is a list on paper. It can be lost and then nada. A post on a blog will haunt you. It can be seen even in the P.I., just go to my blog, damn it. What I'm saying, bluntly speaking, is, "M. and C. if you ever read this, as I know you will, I would appreciate it if you buy me some!" There.

My Dreams List (This has got to be the most mentally-taxing post I've written here. Just to demonstrate, I had to edit and reedit it more than three times.)

1. Lord Stowe's egg tarts: No website and I have no idea why. Though for me, the brand sounds English (a cause de "Lord"), I think this is a Portuguese delicacy. It has outlets in Hong Kong, Macau and Philippines. I don't know where else.

2. buko pie from Nueva Vizcaya province: I have to be very particular here. The link was used as an in-case-you've-forgotten-the-sight-will-remind-you-how-mouth-watering-buko-pie-is, okay? I want the one from Nueva Vizcaya.

3. Auntie Anne's pretzels

4. Krispy Kreme doughnuts

5. Muhlach's ensaymada: Another instance in which I need to be particular. Muhlach's, Muhlach's, Muhlach's.

6. Cinnabon cinnamon rolls

7. Sans Rival Cake: I love the cheesecake in Brodard's, don't get me wrong, but hey, we're talking about dreams here.

Attention: If this ploy proves successful, there might not be madness for a while so people in Vietnam will be spared. I'll also gladly spend a sugar-induced hiatus from blogging, brain freezing due to excessive sugar and all. It's a good idea to wish me luck.

3 comments:

D. said...

Haha, it looks like you like to hang out at the mall back in P.I.

I've never been there, but three out of the seven things you want are usually sold in shopping malls around here in the States.

What hard goods would you bring (besides the CDs and things you've already listed)? I'm starting to pack for the move and need to decide - I don't want to regret not bringing some essential little items and things of that sort.

amadbrownwoman said...

you're barking at the wrong tree :D i thought about this for a time but aside from books, some cd's, and more books, i came up with only over the counter meds like advil,paracetamol etc..(is this hard goods?)

Ching Santos said...

Nakakagutom naman. Kumukulo tuloy sikmura ko.

Hehe.